Entrance Japan - for Share Houses in Osaka, Higashi Osaka, Sakai, and Settsu cities in Osaka Prefecture


Contract & Fees

  • Are there any requirements when moving into a share house?
    We welcome residents that are considerate of other tenants, and have an awareness towards communal living.
    There may be limitations with regard to age, gender, and nationality, in order to maintain a balance of residents in each share house.
  • Are there any documents required to sign the contract?
    Please bring a copy of the personal identification (one of the following) of the person who will be signing the contract.
    □Driver’s License □My Number Card □Passport □Health Insurance Card □Residence Card
  • Any there any documents that are required when a minor signs the contract?
    Minors who wish to enter into a contract will need a consent form supplied by a parent or guardian.
  • Do I need a guarantor?
    You do not need a guarantor, but we will ask for the contact information of a family member to use as an emergency contact.
  • Can I enter into a contract without actually visiting a share house?
    All those who wish to become tenants must visit the house before applying.
    As a share house is a space where all the tenants conduct their daily lives, we recommend that you confirm for yourself whether or not the reality is different from how you imagined it, amongst other things.
  • What’s the shortest period of time that I can stay in the share house?
    According to regulations, the minimum contract period is defined as one month.
    Unfortunately, if you were to withdraw in less than one month, we will not be able to refund the rent or common-use fees paid.
  • What are the common-use fees?
    Share house common-use fees, differing slightly to normal rental apartment fees, are usually the usage fees for electricity, gas, water, internet, supplies, etc.
  • How do I pay for rent/common-use fees?
    Entrance Japan asks for payment of rent and common-use fees in advance.
    Please pay the following month’s rent and common-use fees via bank transfer by the last day of every month.
    If you set up an automatic transfer service, the rent and common-use fees for the following month can be automatically withdrawn on the 27th of every month.
  • Is it possible to pay the rent and common-use fees via credit card?
    Payment by credit card can be made through PayPal.
    Payments made through PayPal will be subject to transfer fees of 3,000 yen (tax incl.) per transaction.
  • Are there any other fees besides rent?
    At Entrance Japan, in addition to the rent, you will be required to pay the initial fee amount up front, and the common-use fees (electricity, gas, internet, supplies, etc.) monthly.
    Those who wish to utilize the parking lot will also have to pay a separate fee.
  • What kind of fee is the initial fee?
    You will need to pay the following fees to Entrance Japan after entering into the contract but before moving in.
    1.Administrative fees: 16,200 yen (tax incl.)
    2.Rent & common-use fees for move-in month (calculated by day)
    3.The following month’s rent & common-use fees
    4.Fire insurance fee (2-year renewal): 16,000 yen
  • Do I have to pay a deposit or any key money?
    You do not have to pay a deposit or any key money. There are no other agency fees or deposits (guarantor deposits), so it is possible to keep the initial fees often associated with moving at a lower amount.

About the Property

  • What is the shared space?
    Shared spaces are those that the tenants in the share house use together, such as the kitchen, living room, toilet, washroom, etc.
    You may use anything set up in the shared spaces, such as furniture like sofas and tables, electronic appliances such as the TV, microwave, rice cooker, and laundry machine, as well as any utensils.
  • Does every room have a lock?
    Every room can be locked, allowing you to relax in your own privacy.
  • Is it possible to reserve a room before entering into the contract?
    It is possible to reserve a room one month prior to move-in.
    Please note that if the 1-month reservation period elapses, you may begin to be charged for rent.
    Please also be sure to visit the property before making a reservation.
  • Can 2 people share a single room?
    Two persons may not co-inhabit a room meant for 1 tenant in the Entrance Japan share houses.
    There are properties with 2-person rooms, so please consult with us if you are looking to move in to a single room with another person.
  • Is there furniture in the rooms?
    Each room has a bed, curtains, lights, and an air conditioner.
    Large electronic appliances such as a refrigerator, microwave, rice cooker, washing machine etc., are installed in the common spaces, so you can start your new lifestyle with the minimum amount of luggage necessary.
  • Are there any fees for using the shower, bath, or washing machine?
    The shower, bath, and washing machine are all free of charge.
  • Can I park my bicycle or motorbike at the share house?
    The availability of vehicle and bicycle parking, as well as their usage fees, will vary by property, so if you wish to utilize parking please contact us in advance.
  • Can I use the internet?
    Wi-Fi can be used in not only the shared spaces but in each room as well.
    As internet fees are included in the common-use fees, there is no need to enter into a contract with a new internet provider.
    There are also some facilities with shared computers set up, so please contact us in advance if you would like to utilize these.
  • Can I keep any pets?
    You may not any keep pets at any of the Entrance Japan share houses.

After Moving In

  • Would it be possible to bring in luggage in advance of the move-in date?
    Please arrange to have any items sent at the designated time on the move-in date.
  • Do I have to be fluent in English in order to move in?
    The shared language within the share houses is Japanese, so please don’t worry if you cannot speak English.
    Entrance Japan also has staff capable of responding in English, so if you are not comfortable with Japanese please don’t hesitate to consult with them.
    An English version of the contract can be prepared for those who are not comfortable with Japanese, so please let us know if you would prefer an English version.
  • Is there a curfew, or lights-off time?
    There is no curfew, and every tenant has their own key, but we ask that you take plenty of consideration in not causing any inconvenience to the other tenants and your neighboring residents early in the morning, or late at night.
    Also, there are no limits regarding lighting time,
    but please be considerate of the other tenants when using the shared areas.
    Other share houses may have their own rules in place, so please consult with the staff for more detailed information.
  • Who should do the cleaning?
    We ask each tenant to clean their individual rooms and take out the trash on a weekly shift system.
    Professional cleaning staff is utilized for cleaning the shared spaces, such as the kitchen, living room, toilet, washroom, hallways and steps, at least once a week.
    The number of cleaning visits is usually between 1 to 3 times a week, depending on the share house.
  • Can I register the address of the share house for a certificate of residence?
    You may register the address of the share house for a certificate of residence.


  • Are there any events or parties held at the share house?
    The tenants of the Entrance Japan share houses hold welcome parties and dinner events, as well as outdoor events such as hanami (cherry blossom viewing), fireworks festivals, and BBQs. Entrance Japan also holds its own events as well.
  • Do I have to attend the events and parties?
    Participation in events is not mandatory, so you may prioritize your work or other private plans.
  • What is the percentage of tenants from foreign countries?
    Though it varies by property and period, at most 30-40% of the tenants living in the share houses are from a foreign country.
  • Can I use a share house as a second house?
    There are those among the current tenants who are using an Entrance Japan share house as a second house. We recommend utilizing a share house, with its convenient access and proximity to the city centers, for those who may often end up going home from work late as a result of a busy day, or those who’d like to enjoy their time in the city center on their days off.
  • Can anyone other than a share house tenant stay there?
    If someone other than a share house tenant wishes to stay, please notify us in advance.
    Lodging fees are 1,000 yen per guest.
  • What should I do if I want to leave?
    Please contact us up to one month before the date you wish to leave. A staff member will be present for confirmation on your departure date.
    We do not calculate a daily rate for the rent and common-use fees for moving out, so we will be unable to offer refunds for these expenses.

Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions,
or would like to make a viewing reservation.